There are some signage or computer situations where a user only needs to access web content, such as:
- Public internet terminal – hotel lobby, library…
- Information terminal – access to specific web pages
- Classroom terminals – for educational web applications
- Office workstation – when the worker only needs web access
- Call center workstation – for web based CRM applications
- Factory workstation – for web based ERP applications
- … and other situations where only web applications are required
For the above uses, a thin-client web computer like Moderro’s Xpack is the perfect solution and offers many benefits:
- Low cost – only needs low cost display, Xpack, keyboard, mouse.
- Easy to operate and centrally administer
- Secure – avoid PC viruses and many security issues
- Eliminates complex, expensive OS and application licensing
- Energy efficient – consumes only 13 watts
- Reliable – solid-state design, no moving parts
- Fits in tight spaces, easily mounts on the back of most monitors
- Small, low power, silent web computer
- Approximately the size of a paperback book
- Weighs approximately 3 pounds
- Consumes 13W of power on average
- CPU speed and RAM are configured as required for the specific task.
- Ethernet connectivity and optional Wi-Fi
- Stands in cradle next to display or attaches to the back of the display using the included VESA bracket.
- Comes with custom-designed keyboard, mouse, Ethernet CAT5 and VGA cables, and mounting hardware.
- Keyboard has a built-in USB hub which provides left or right-side mouse connection and USB media storage drive slot.
- Solid-state device with no moving parts.
- Xpack powered by Moderro Browser OS.
- Familiar “desktop-in-a-browser” interface makes Xpack very easy to use.
- Compatible with all major internet sites.
- Each internet resource runs in its own window and is represented by a thumbnail ribbon on the bottom of the screen.
- In addition to web browsing, Xpack supports internet telephony client, Java, and PDF viewer.
- While Xpack does not store the files locally, it allows USB storage or USB camera to be connected for file download and upload.